It was a casual Tuesday afternoon. I was watching an old episode of Beat Shazam when I suddenly got the urge to check my Twitter and I soon discovered that the wonderful, super kind blogger Undercover Superhero nominated me once again for an award. And so, as always, it’s time to list some rules, share some facts about myself, answer and ask some more questions, and nominate more bloggers. Yippee!
The Rules are Simple
- Thank the blogger that has nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers (or as many bloggers as you can.)
- Create (if you can) 11 questions to ask your nominees.
So, first things first, I’d like to thank Undercover Superhero for once again thinking of me in her nominations. You’re such a sweetheart!
Share eleven facts about myself. Okay, I’m going to try not to give obvious facts and surprise my readers a bit with some new intel about myself. Continue reading I’ve Been Nominated for the Liebster Award!
Wow! Another nomination for another fun award. And this one just may be the best one yet! I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. If you have no idea what that means here’s a description.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.– Okoto Enigma
I’m so excited to be honored with this fantastic award. I would immediately like to thank Ami from UnderCover Superhero for nominating me. If you haven’t seen her blog yet it’s a beautiful window into her life as a young woman with disabilities. But don’t let the word “disabilities” make you think she is incapable of being an amazing person because it’s quite the contrary. Just check out this post The A-Z of Me for example. It’s her version of an About Me page and it is hilarious yet brilliant at the same time.
Okay, here are the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers (if possible)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Continue reading I’ve Been Nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award!
This beautiful Saturday morning I woke up to a wonderful surprise. Turns out one of my followers, Ami from UnderCoverSuperhero, has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. So, as always, there are the requirements that come with getting one of these awards and I will try my best to fulfill them.
1. Make sure to thank the blogger for nominating you and provide a link to their blog
I’d like to thank Ami for nominating me for this award. As you can see I already linked to her website above so I’ve already done that.
2. Write a post on your site displaying the award that describes why you started your blog
Well, I started this blog because I’m a movie fan. As a child, my sister and I would analyze and theorize about movies for hours. When I grew older I wanted to share my love of movies to the world. It turns out that I started my website literally the day before Rogue One entered theaters. That day I wrote my very first post titled: The Last Day Before Rogue One.
Since then, I’ve been writing about movies nonstop and it’s been so. Much. Fun! And I thank you for following my journey.
3. Share 2 pieces of advice you have for new bloggers.
- Have fun! If you’re not having fun then your readers won’t either.
- Write about something that truly excites you. When I first started my blog I had a bunch of categories for a whole lot of stuff; makeup, books, travel, television shows, but then I realized I wrote about movies way more than these other topics so I dedicated my site to films and it’s been a blast ever since.
Continue reading I’ve Been Nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award
I’m proud to announce that I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Ami Tricker whose blog you can find at undercoversuperhero2.home.blog.
Thanks, Ami for choosing my blog as one to highlight for this award. It’s so much fun getting these awards and sharing a little bit about myself in the process through the requirements.
So, on that note, let me answer these eleven questions provided by yours truly; Ami Tricker.
1. Who is your favorite superhero or supervillain and why?
Doctor Strange is definitely, after careful self-deliberation, my favorite superhero of all time. I’ve seen a lot of cool superheroes in my time–Batman, Iron Man, Wonder Woman–but there’s never been a superhero that I love as much as Doctor Strange. From the awesome outfit and lovable cape to his incredible power and mystical wisdom Doctor Strange puts a smile on my face whenever he’s on the screen.
Continue reading I’ve Been Nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award!
Black Panther made history earliest this year as it broke box-office records left and right, making just over $1.3 billion dollars, and wowing moviegoers around the world. Most superhero movies aren’t usually considered for the Oscar race but this film, set with a story that was not only well written but resonated heavily with the theme of race, which is a huge topic these days, has garnered the praise, and attention, of many. When Bob Iger decided earlier this year to place Black Panther up for consideration for the Oscar race I was excited but didn’t think it would amount to much.
Well, I was wrong, as the Golden Globe Nominations just dropped today and, to my great surprise and elation, it was one of the nominees. I couldn’t believe my eyes. If I’m not mistaken Black Panther is the first superhero movie ever nominated for the Best Motion Picture-Drama category. That is downright outstanding. And the movie deserves all the praise it can get.
Black Panther is easily the best written Marvel film that has ever been made (Avengers: Infinity War is still my personal favorite) and I couldn’t be happier about this news. Of course, it most likely will not win the award but the simple fact that it was recognized for its incredible storytelling is a sign that maybe Hollywood is starting to understand that superhero movies can be just as impactful and incredible as any complex or thoughtful film set to the backdrop of an “incredible true story”.
Black Panther has done the impossible; gotten a Golden Globe nomination. Next stop; Oscars. 🙂
How do you feel about this news? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
I thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day.
If you’d like to see the whole list of Golden Globe nominations you can see them here.
It’s been an exciting few months for me as I was given the opportunity to write for an up and coming pop culture site named thefutureoftheforce.com and now thanks to 18CinemaLane (whose link you can see here) I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Isn’t that exciting? So, since I have gotten nominated I must fulfill the four rules that’ll make this nomination complete.
Rule 1: Thank Whoever It Is That Nominates You
As you can see I have already completed that rule in the first paragraph of this post.
Rule 2: Link Your Nominator’s Blog
I have also already done that as well.
Rule 3: List 7 Seven Fun Facts About Yourself
Okay, here are seven facts about myself that I’d love to share.
- I love to run. There’s something about the exhilaration of smelling and feeling the air while running that’s unbeatable.
- I love ‘Star Wars’ as you all know. 🙂
- I love to read. Reading was my first passion as a young girl. A book can take you to another world that sometimes even movies can’t. And that’s why I still enjoy the pleasure of sitting down and reading a good book every now and then.
- I’m an aspiring author and screenwriter. Not only do I love to read but I love to write. I’ve been writing fictional stories since I was five-years-old and I don’t plan to stop writing anytime soon.
- I’ve been to New York City over twenty times. At one time the Big Apple was one of my bucket list destinations but now I know the city backward and forward and I’m very proud of that.
- My favorite dessert is ice cream (with cheesecake at a close second.)
- I can read a 500+ page book in two days (and I’ll enjoy every word of it.)
So, those are the seven fun facts I wanted to share about myself.
Continue reading I’ve Been Nominated For the Versatile Blogger Award!